"The little dissatisfaction which every artist feels at the completion of a work forms the germ of a new work." ~Berthold Auerbach
In Week 36 I looked at how we go about allowing others to benefit from the teachable moments in his or her life. This week I am discussing next steps of the how-tos in living an intentional life.
A year ago we started this journey together; an exploration of how to live life intentionally. Many of you shared with me how the process helped you sit quietly as you clarified and solidified your values and then moved on to crafting a Life List that exemplified those values. In an age where finding a moment of quiet time becomes increasingly difficult, you made the Morning 30 part of your life and worked to draft and find tune your Lifetime Priorities. You have worked the process.
If you had taken an intentional living class in school, right about now you'd be thinking about final exams and earning a certificate of completion. But this is life. There are no final exams even though sometimes it feels like we are continually preparing for a pop quiz. In life the only voice of authority that can validate our journey is our own. Yes, there are key people in our world who love and encourage us on our journey but ultimately the only person that can attest to the authenticity of your journey is you.
So what are the next steps? Now is the time for you to own this process and continue to craft a life that allows you to thrive. While my Wednesday post will now include other topics besides the how-to of intentional living, I am sure that every once in a while I will have something to new add. Be sure to sign up for my newsletter to receive updates. I hope you share your insights on your intentional living journey here and with others. This is your life, your journey...be sure it reflects who you are.
Get caught up on the entire Intentional Living series:
- Week 1: The Importance of Taking Time to Think
- Week 2: Asking the Right Questions
- Week 3: What is working in your life?
- Week 4: Do you have your priorities straight?
- Week 5: Are you moving forward?
- Week 6: Setting Lifetime Priorities
- Week 7: Decision Time
- Week 8: Planning
- Week 9: Review
- Week 10: Four Reasons Why
- Week 11: Are You Being True to Yourself?
- Week 12: Self Realization
- Week 13: Sharing Your Vision
- Week 14: Do You Have the Key to Success?
- Week 15: Do You Remember When?
- Week 16: Is Course Correction Possible?
- Week 17: Fear As A Motivator
- Week 18: The Crazymaker In Your Life
- Week 19: Stay Focused!
- Week 20: Relationships
- Week 21: Cognitive Gridlock
- Week 22: One Thing At A Time
- Week 23: Cause and Effect
- Week 24: What's Your Story?
- Week 25: Boredom
- Week 26: Exhaustion
- Week 27: A Change of Scenery
- Week 28: Getting Back On Track
- Week 29: How To Say No
- Week 30: What is the Rhythm Of Your Life?
- Week 31: Do you live in the moment or in the future?
- Week 32: Are You On Auto-Pilot?
- Week 33: Follow Through
- Week 34: Bad News
- Week 35: Creativity After A Crisis
- Week 36: Whose Journey Is It?